Terms & Conditions
1) All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions and our online safety policy. By entering the child for the session the terms and the online safety policy will be deemed to have been accepted by the parent or carer.
2) JLC GUARANTEE: If you book a series of classes, and decide not to proceed after trying the first class, please email straight after the class informing us of the reason and we will issue you with a full refund. Do let us know on the same day as the first session.
3) Students will be sent joining instructions. Please ensure you read the information regarding making sure the participant’s name matches the name we have on our register or we will be unable to admit you from the waiting room.
4) We are unable to accept children into classes without prior booking, due to safety restrictions online and tutor numbers, so we can maintain a ratio of a maximum of six participants per tutor in the online classes.
3) Rescheduling by the customer: To allow us to maintain our ratio of no more than six students per tutor, we may not be able to accommodate requests to change times of sessions within the course booked.
4) Credits or refunds for classes not attended: Given the small number of students per tutor, we do not issue refunds or credits for sessions missed within the course, or if the student does not attend the session.
5) If you decide not to continue with the course at any point if the dates or times no longer work for you, please get in touch and we will issue a pro rata refund for the remaining classes that term.
6) Participants attending the workshops must be able to speak English fluently in order to participate in the debates and discussions.
7) Pupils must be age 8 and above to join the online classes. Pupils in the 12-14 workshops must be a minimum of age 12.
8) For classes to run effectively, a high degree of discipline and participation is required. If our tutors deem the behaviour of a student to fall below the level required, we will refund any outstanding money paid, in the event of a child being deemed not yet ready to attend the sessions.
9) Whilst we fully hope to run all sessions, in the unlikely event of our having to cancel a course prior to commencement, all advance payments will be returned in full.
10) Online safety: A parent or guardian remains fully responsible for their children during the online classes and must be aware of what is showing on or in the background of screens at all times, and is responsible for ensuring their child abides by our online safety rules during the sessions. The Junior Lawyers’ Club does not accept responsibility for what is said, done or shown on screen by remote participants, and we expect parents/guardians to be vigilant at all times. As a safety precaution we disable participant screen sharing and chat boxes during the online classes.
11) To protect the privacy of participants, students are not allowed to record or share any images, video or audio of the classes in any way. The parent or carer of the student remains responsible for ensuring that this rule is adhered to, and agrees to indemnify the JLC for any losses or liabilities arising through an act or omission of the parent, carer or child. The JLC accepts no responsibility for breach of this rule. A student who breaks this rule faces immediate suspension.
12) Dress code for the online classes is the same as for face-to-face classes.
13) The parent/carer agrees that the pupil shall be deemed to be in the care and control of the parent/carer throughout the course, and the parent/carer shall be responsible for the conduct and welfare of the pupil throughout the course.
14) Occasionally, recordings may be taken by us of the classes, to be used in future publicity. We will inform you of this in writing before the session if that is the case, and only do so with all parents/guardians/participants written consent.
15) The parent/carer agrees to indemnify The Junior Lawyers’ Club against any liabilities or losses, which can include loss of profit, which may arise from any act or omission of the parent, carer or child.
16) The Junior Lawyers’ Club will ensure that all activities take place in premises with the relevant insurance in place, and that all tutors have been subject to appropriate DBS checks.
17) The person making the booking is responsible for providing any updated information regarding emergency contact numbers.
18) Website and Use of IT
While effort had been taken to ensure that The Junior Lawyers’ Club Ltd.’s website is free from viruses, etc. no warranties are given that it is free from viruses. Users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software. The Junior Lawyers’ Club Ltd shall not be liable for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy or limit the functionality or integrity of the site or any hardware on which it is hosted.
19) Notice of Copyright
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in all the material on the website (and ancillary sources) including text, video, audio, graphics, charts, diagrams (and like material) is strictly owned by The Junior Lawyers’ Club Limited.
This website and its contents are Copyright © Junior Lawyers’ Club Limited. As authors of material, we reserve full moral rights.
This Legal Notice including Disclaimer and the Notice of Copyright shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the English Law and The Junior Lawyers’ Club Ltd agrees to submit any dispute arising out of the using the product or service or website to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org