Junior Lawyers Club Holiday Club: Digital Ambassadors – Becoming Influencers of the Future
Date and Time: TBC
In this day, you will work with members of our panel of lawyers and actors to develop the following skills:
• Debate and public speaking
• Leadership and teamwork
• Creative and critical thinking
• Innovative thinking
• Research skills
In a series of fast-paced, fun activities, role-plays and team challenges you will:
• Develop debate and public speaking skills with some fast-paced debates on the controls and usage of social media and the Internet
• Role-play an ethics committee shaping the future development of Artificial Intelligence.
• Develop research skills as you explore the techniques employed to make social media and gaming addictive, with some tips from lawyers on how to identify and cite valid online sources for your research.
• Develop leadership and teamwork skills in a challenge to create and pitch your own, innovative, game which is educational and fun.
All participants will gain 12 credits from the day (each level is 24 credits). All participants will gain a Certificate of Achievement
JLC CODE OF CONDUCT
Each of our workshops is designed as a series of fast-paced, timed activities. In order to cover the activities, we require all participants to follow these 3 rules:
To listen in silence when the tutor gives instructions and feedback and to promptly follow tutor instructions
To speak respectfully whilst in the class and to listen respectfully to others when it is their turn to speak.
To have fun and learn new skills!
Safeguarding Policy: Please note that whilst you are welcome to leave the premises during the class times, we provide supervision for the children within the classroom and within the lesson times only. Please note that children who need to leave the classroom for any reason will not be supervised. If you choose to leave the venue, please ensure you make arrangements with your child for where and when you collect them, and that you are happy for your child to use the toilets in the venue, unaccompanied, should they need them. Should it be the case that we are required to supervise children beyond the workshop times, then we reserve the right to claim all additional expenses and losses.